Based in Edinburgh, Scotland
Infinite Desolation is a fusion of intense top-down action and survival RPG, set on a harsh planet where your physical and mental attributes will be tested to their limits. To stay alive, you will have to battle not only hordes of tenacious creatures and robotic enemies, but also the environment. To even the odds, you will build up a pretty impressive arsenal of weapons and special abilities as you level up and explore the environments. Infinite Desolation is much more than a simple action game. Deep character progression, exploration and looting, crafting, day-night cycles, environmental hazards, classic survival mechanics and world-jumping portals are all part of the package. The one thing you can be sure of, is that everything here will try to kill you.
- Character Creation - Choose from one of 5 classes: Grunt, Psion, Scout, Engineer or Marine. Define your custom character using S.P.A.C.E: Strength, Psi, Agility, Cunning and Endurance.
- Survive - Explore the dangerous environments to find Oxygen, Water, Nano-Med health packs.
- Scavenge - Find Materials for crafting in old wreckage.
- Craft - Create items such as Water Extractors, Oxygen Extractors, and even a Drone to fight by your side.
- Day/Night - Rest in dwellings to restore health and skip to the next day. Or just explore at night when the temperature is cooler to keep your hydration level higher for longer.
- Psi Abilities - Unlock and upgrade powerful abilities such as Heal, Blink, Speed and Repulse.
- Higher level abilities can dish out massive damage. For example, leave a fire trail when you activate Speed Level 2, or blast all the enemies around you to pieces when using Repulse Level 2.
- Weapons - Collect unique weapons, ranging from the versatile M7 Fury plasma rifle to the truly devastating R-G Launcher, a combined rocket/grenade launcher.
- Interact - Find Power Cores to power up and interact with all sorts of devices: extend bridges, power up outposts, activate teleporters, and more.
- Intense Battles - At its heart, this is top-down horde rush shooter. You will engage in very intense battles. Blow up enemies by setting of explosive barrels, activate defence turrets to help you thin the crowd, plough into enemies using your upgraded Psi Abilities, or just send large flurries of rockets into the horde. You have many ways to beat down you foe.
- Modes and multiplayer - play solo, co-op or versus in a variety of game modes.
Infinite Desolation single player story mode gameplay trailer 1 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Infinite Desolation community invitation (Discord)
Infinite Desolation demo on GameJolt
Infinite Desolation on IndieDB
Infinite Desolation on Twitter
Infinite Desolation on Facebook
About Far-flung Games
Far-flung Games is a small development studio based in Scotland, currently working on Infinite Desolation.
More information on Far-flung Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Infinite Desolation Credits
Owner and Programmer